Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Art Anthology and Viva Las Vegas Stamps pair up

Hi Everyone

Monica Downing here...

Thanks so much for joining us this week...Art Anthology and Viva Las Vegas Stamps partnered up for a week of awesomeness...

Be sure and check out the Art Anthology Blog daily to see what my other Design Team members have created...

Also check the Viva Las Vegas Stamps Blog

I have a really fun project to share with you...

I make Artist Trading Blocks and decided to do my Art Anthology/Vivia Las Vegas Stamp project on one.

The blocks are the same size as an ATC (Artist Trading Card) 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 but this block is almost 1-1/2 inches thick...all the more room to create on my dears.

I cut them myself.
Here is a picture of the completed block front and back.





















So the first thing I did was use the Art Anthology Gesso to prime the wood block. Then I picked the colors I wanted to use and I used the awesome new gemstone colors in .......... and ..........
I also created 2 Gelli prints on my Gelli Plate to use as a background on the back side, and also for some added color on the sides of the block.

While that was drying I got busy with my stamp

The Viva Las Vegas Stamp I used was a 3x5 Day of The Dead- Dia de los Muertos stamp
I painted a piece of cardstock with the Art Anthology sorbet in Tuxedo.











Next I used a white craft ink pad by Stampin Up and ink'd up my stamp really well. I stamped the image onto the cardstock I had painted black. I then used white embossing powder and my heat gun to emboss the entire image.











I then chose and cut out the parts of the stamp that I wanted to use on my Artist Trading Block.
I used pink orange green and blue to color in areas of the large skill in the middle of the stamp that would be going on the front of the block. I added color to the other images I cut out as well.













I used Art Anthology Dimensional Crystals in the green and orange and pink to add some more color and dimension to the front of the block that I had previously painted blue. Once this dried, I applied the stamped and cut out images to the front of the block using pop dots.













Using the dimensional crystals, I added some texture and designs to the gelli print then cut a piece to fit to the back of the block and glued it on. I applied the stamped images to the back with pop dots as well. I cut strips from the gelli print and glued them along the sides and the top of the block. I then cut a piece of cardstock in an arch (2) and used letter stickers to spell out Dia De Los Muertos which I put on the top of the block on the front, and Day Of The Dead on the arch on the top of the back side. I then strung some beads on jewelry wire and drilled holes at the top and glued that in between the arches. I used the Art Anthology Dimensional Crystals all over this project, including inside the skills eyes, to give it more color and dimenstion.
























For the skulls on the bottom I used clay and formed it in the shape of a skull and baked it in the oven per the package directions. I then colored in the eyes and did some doodling then glued them to the bottom of the block. The little wood discs under the skulls are wooden wheels I picked up at Hobby Lobby.








I love how this project turned out and I hope you are inspired to try something different with your stamps.







Have a great day and thanks for stopping by my blog to check out my project.
x0x0x
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment