Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fall in Love With Fall

Hi Everyone...

Monica D here with a fall project for you....

I absolutely love the changing of the seasons. Growing up in California I didn't get to see the splendor of the fall colors like I do here in the Ozarks of Arkansas. It is truly breathtaking.

I live in a very wooded area, so I went outside and took a few pictures to use in a layout.
I also grabbed some acorns and leaves from my yard. They are everywhere!!!

Here is a picture of the finished layout...



Now for my process...

I grabbed an 11x14 sheet of mixed media paper, then went to my scrap paper stash. I grabbed all different papers with fall colors on them.

I tore the different papers and collaged them to the mixed media paper.



Next I grabbed my awesome Art Anthology mists. I used Juicy, Glorious, Cinnamon Toast, Patience, and I misted the edges with Peacock Feathers.

I randomly sprayed the mists and let them puddle on the collaged papers. I dabbed a few areas with a paper towel to absorb some of the mist.






Next I grabbed a tag and misted it with Juicy, Peacock Feathers, and Plush.





I used a paper punch along the edge of the tag, and also along one edge of the collaged page.

I added some sari ribbon, a metal clip, and a metal heart that I made, and key to the tag.



I picked which photo I wanted to use and tore the edges, then used the paper punch on the outside edge of the photo. I then sprayed some Cinnamon Toast on my Art Anthology Mat and let it absorb into the torn edges of the photo.

Next I grabbed my Art Anthology Dimensional Crystal in Olive and framed the picture with dots. I also added some dimension to the leaf with it as well.




Then it was time to glue everything down. I added the Beautiful tag with a piece of sari ribbon to the bottom of the pictures, and some embellishments around the acorns.



I used letter stickers for the words at the top of the page.


So once again here is the finished layout....


I love the versatility of the Art Anthology products and the different effects you can get using them with different mediums.

You can find all of the products I used and more  here

I Hope this inspires you to go make something in gorgeous fall colors to display in your home. This is going on my fireplace mantle.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure and check the Art Anthology Blog every day to see what all of the amazing Art Anthology Design Team members are creating.


No comments:

Post a Comment