Monday, December 8, 2014

Art Anthology and Stampendous Team Up

Hi Everyone, Monica here.

Welcome to Day 1 of the Art Anthology/Stampendous Blog Swap.  This week, we are partnering with each other this week to offer you tons of inspiration using products from Art Anthology and Stampendous.  Make sure you check back through the day as there will be several projects posted each day.

For my project I used the Stampendous Stack Art Cling Rubber Stamp Angle Wings Kit and the Stampendous Stampendous Stack Art Kraftboard Angel Wings Kit

Here are my finished projects.





















Now...let me share my process with you.

First I used the Art Anthology Gesso on all pieces. 

After that dried, I used a heavy gel medium which I applied to the base of the kraftboard with a palette knife. You don't want this real thick, just a nice thin coating. Then using the background stamps I stamped into the gel medium.

After that dried, I used Art Anthology Colorations Spray in Peacock Feathers on one, and Hottie on the other.. I loved the effect because the spray settled into the deep spaces of the stamp and dried darker than what settled on the top. 

I also stamped into the open frame in the same way as above and used Art Anthology Colorations Spray in Plush. I placed that piece on top of the Peacock Feathers background. For the piece on top of the pink background I used Art Anthology Colorations Sprays in Waimea Bay and Juicy then did some doodling with a white signo pen. 

I decided to cut the wings in half so I could use them on either side of the body piece. I used dimensional crystals then sprinkled the copper colored glitter into the wings for the green angel, and again I used gel medium and stamped into it using the wings stamp for the other angel wings and painted over the dimension with Art Anthology in Mayan Gold.
For the heart on the pink angel I used the dimensional crystal also then used the Stampendous Stack Art Elements Kit Sumptuous 5 piece set. I used the awesome chunky pink glitter and I love the look. I used purple glitter for the heart on the green angel. 

I used Art Anthology Velvet Dimensional Paint in Portabello. I then stamped the face image after it dried. 

The crowns on the angels are some bobbles I have had. I then attached wire so I could hang them. For the legs I just wrapped some wire around the end of a thin paint brush handle. 

Here are some close up shots of the pieces.























































Don’t forget to visit us every day for more inspirational projects. There will be Art Anthology prize packs given away to three of our lucky commenters, so make sure you comment each day.  Stampendous is also giving away fabulous prizes over on their blog so visit them too!  Don’t forget to visit the Stampendous Facebook page and tell them Art Anthology sent you.
Also, don’t forget to follow both companies on Pinterest for more inspiration.
Art Anthology:  http://www.pinterest.com/artanthology/
Stampendous:   http://www.pinterest.com/stampendous/



No comments:

Post a Comment