Sunday, December 21, 2014

Tag Time....

Hi Everyone...

Monica here this winter Sunday to share with you some tags I made using the amazing Art Anthology Paints.

I really can't say enough how much I love the texture and the bright colors of these paints and I love how these tags came out...

Here are the finished tags...

ALL HEARTS COME HOME FOR XMAS




















MERRY AND BRIGHT...                                  




















SNOWFLAKE WISHES




















And here is my process...

I grabbed my Gelli Plate, and chose my paint colors...

Art Anthology Velvet Dimensional Paints in Fiji and Aloha, and Limeaid.

Art Anthology Sorbet Dimensional Paint in Splashed...

I just used regular printer paper because I knew I was going to be gluing the prints to the tag so I didn't want the paper to be too thick.

With a palette knife I spread on the Fiji and Aloha, then added some of the Splashed. I used my brayer to combine the colors just a bit...

 Placed my paper on it then brayered over that....













Now I have my first print...very happy with this...

This is what remained on the plate after I pulled the print.













To this I added some more of the blue and then the Limeaid. I also decided to use two stencils to get some design in the background because I knew I wanted to incorporate some doodling.













And this is the print I pulled...LOVE...













I used the Art Anthology Gesso and put a base coat on some craft paper tags.










Then the fun began...I placed the tags on the back side of the print and traced around the tag shape then cut it out.
I glued the prints on to the tags.
With the excess prints, I cut out the tree's and the hearts for the All Hearts Come Home For Xmas tag. I gued them down then with a fine point black gel pen started doodling. I added a rhinestone to the top of each tree and with the excess print cut that bottom piece that I glued onto the edge of the tag, some ribbon and it was done..











For the Merry and Bright tag I used a white signo pen to bring out the pattern in the stencil.  I doodled the swirly Christmas tree topped it with a pink brad and framed it in that little resin frame (I've been wanting to use that cute little frame for a long time)...I added the ribbon and another one done.











For the Snowflake Wishes I used the white signo pen again to highlite the stencil, and I also used a pink sharpie. Found the perfect brad for the center. I used my cuttlebug to cut the lattice piece at the bottom and inked the edges pink. I watered down some of the Art Anthology gesso and splattered it over the tag then sprinkled pink glitter into it...Added the ribbon and my third tage was done.











The gelli plate is a great vehicle for these paints. The texture that pulls with these paints makes my heart race and of course with all of the endless colors, there are endless combinations.
This was a fun, quick, and easy project and I hope I've inspired you to go make some fun tags.














Merry Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment