Wednesday, January 21, 2015

An Eternal Mermaid

Hello Everyone...

Monica here to share my project for this week with you.

So for our second posting this month, our prompt was to do a project based on an artist we are inspired by.

I have always loved the art of Jasmine Becket Griffith. I love her fairy art and also that is has kind of a goth appeal to it. I just love everything she does.

I did a google search for coloring pages because, and I am just being completely honest here, I cannot draw worth a bean...So...that being said, what you see as my project, I did not draw, this is the artwork of Jasmine Becket Griffith. I simply printed out the coloring page, and did exactly that, I colored it with the amazing Art Anthology products.

Let me show you my process...

Here is the print out.













Next I grabbed my Art Anthology Paints and got to work.

I started with Velvet Dimensional Paint in Lemon Tart. Next I used the Velvet Dimensional Paint in Kona to add some low lights and dimension.














Now onto that gorgeous tail. I used Sorbet Dimensional paint in Veridian, and the Velvet in Lime Aid and Fiji. I also painted her body with the Sorbet in Buttercream.



I finished painting the tail and now that I have her all painted, I need to cut her out. I grabbed my exacto knife and started doing some very fussy detailed cutting.


Here you see she is all cut out and ready for a background, I just need to finish her face.







I used Sorbet in Baby Blue Eyes for her eyes, and Mi Bella for some cheek color and also her lips














I used an 11x14 canvas, grabbed a stencil and heavy texture paste to add some dimension to the background.













Next I chose the Art Anthology Colorations sprays I wanted to use for the background. I chose Lark, Peacock Feathers, Grass, and Ink Spot. I started with Lark.















Then I added Peacock Feathers, then Grass and Ink Spot. I kept misting until I achieved the look I wanted.














After that dried, with some help from my heat gun, I outlined the texture paste with a white signo pen and placed the mermaid where I wanted her.














I found a poem that I liked and printed it out and adhered it to the background, and she was done.






















I hope this inspired you to make something from an artist that inspires YOU....

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check back every day and check out what our other Design Team members have to show you and whom they are inspired by.


x0x0x

No comments:

Post a Comment