Saturday, January 17, 2015

Beautiful Everything with Faber Castell

Hello Gorgeousess...

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

The project I am sharing with you today was done with Faber Castell Gellato's and Pitt Pens.

It's an 8x10 canvas and I am so happy with how it turned out.

Here is a picture of the completed canvas...














Now let me show you how I achieved this.

The first thing I did was cover the canvas in a heavy coat of gesso. I did this because I wanted texture.














I dried it with my heat gun getting close in some areas to bubble the gesso for even more texture yumminess.














Ok now for the color. I grabbed my Faber Castell Gellato's
















I knew I wanted to frame the piece in the metallic blue so I grabbed that and applied it heavy handedly to the edges of the canvas.














Have a glass of clean water handy, and dip your fingertip in the water and start rubbing the color into the canvas. It's so creamy and moves around so easily. You can also use a brush for this but I really like using my finger to control where the color goes.
















Next I grabbed yellow and red and again I applied each color generously and dipped my finger in the glass of water and just started moving and blending the colors until I achieved the look I was going for. Look at all that texture from the gesso.. Love It!!!


































Here is the background after I was done blending the colors















Ok onto the flowers. These are just some white paper flowers. I randomly applied gesso to the flower not really worried about if I covered the entire surface. I wanted a variation in how the color would react.


Here are the two colors applied to the flower













Now take a spray bottle filled with water and mist the gellato's.















You can see the Gelato's start to blend with the misting, I used my finger again to move the color around.















I did the same process for the blue/purple and the pink/purple flowers














For the flower centers, I grabbed a few bottle caps I had lying around and printed out some 1 inch circles and glued them into the center of the bottle cap. I then glued those into the center of the flowers.











I used my Faber Castell White Pitt Pen to add some doodles and detail to each of the flowers.










Now lets add some stems for those flowers. I used the Faber Castell Metallic Green Gellato to draw on some stems. Then I blended a bit with water and a brush.














For some depth and added detail I grabbed my Faber Castell Green Pitt pen and outlined the edges of the stems. I blended the ink with my finger tip while it was still wet.














Here you can see I used my Faber Castell Pitt Pen in the darker green to add some doodles, as well as the White Pitt Pen.













Next I glued the flowers onto the canvas.













Now for some background stamping.













Grab your favorite background stamp and really any color Faber Castell Pitt Pen. I went with the dark green. I love that you can use the pens to ink up your stamps for a really great inky result. Very cool.










Here you can see I did some more doodling with the White Pitt Pen and you can also see that awesome texture and the background stamp.















I love the dimensional elements the flowers and bottle caps bring to this piece.













I used a stamp of the word Beautiful with the White Pitt Pen and quicky sprinkled some embossing powder over it and hit it with my heat gun. I then outlined it with a fine black liner. Also how about those butterflies?? I love butterflies and I used a punch and some scrap paper and just punched a few out and placed them randomly on the canvas. The last thing I did was add some chicken wire to the bottom for an additional textural element.








Here is one more look at the final canvas.




















I am so happy that you stopped by today and I hope this project inspires you to go make something beautiful. If you have any questions be sure and leave me a comment and I will be more than happy to answer them

Have a FaNtAsTiC Week!!!!

x0x0x
Monica






7 comments:

  1. Truly this is Beautiful Monica!! This turned out fabulous and I so love the way you achieved all of that yummy texture and color! I'll be trying my fingers and water technique with my Gelatos- thanks for the share! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie I'm glad you like it...go have fun with your Gelato's hehe

      Delete
  2. Awesome canvas Monica... It reminds me spring is coming. Thanks for the step by step. It is fun to see the process:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shel and YES...spring...it will be here...and I am ready...

      Delete
  3. Wow, Monica - truly a dynamite canvas - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh Monica, this is absolutely marvelous!!! You are a fine artist and I love your style!!! This piece has so many wonderful elements, I don't know where to begin!!...let's just say, I really LOVE it and am truly inspired by it!!! I don't know if you have the time or desire, but I would encourage you to apply for the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Guest Design Team because your work is outstanding and your step-by-step showing how you created this is fantastic!! You're the kind of artist they look for and trust me, it's a super fun experience! :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my project today! I'll be visiting you here on your blog again for sure!!

    ReplyDelete