Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Beautiful Disaster

Hello Gorgeous People...

I had some time to play this afternoon so I was able to get a journal page done.

Yesterday I was going through a box of printables separating things and I found a stack of Gelli prints that I had put in there to use for backgrounds on some of my Art Dolls. I decided to pull them out and when I got home from running around today, they were staring up at me from my art table.

So...what's a girl gonna do? Well...this girl decided to do some art.

I used one of the prints as the base and I just started ripping the other print into strips.

I love the look of a ripped edge on paper...part of my love for edgy grunge I guess...I don't know but I love it.

I then just took my scissors and cut the outside edges to form the shape of a heart...

Next I went to my sewing machine and very imperfectly sewed the torn strips down to the base.

Next I got out my Portfolio Water Soluble Oil Pastels and started doing some shading around the heart and adding some more color to the outside edges of the background. I randomly stamped a typeset stamp with Staz On black ink...Then I went to Pinterest.

I find Pinterest to not only be a GREAT source of inspiration, but also quotes...gosh...so many awesome quotes and I can ALWAYS find something that speaks to me that I can use on my art pieces...today was no exception.

I found the perfect quote, printed it out...then ripped each individual word from the print out, got out my Gel Medium and adhered the quote to the heart and it was done...and I LOVE IT...

Here is the completed journal page.


Thanks so much for stopping by today...Hope you found time in your day to make some art...It's so good for your soul....
x0x0x
Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment